Monday, December 26, 2016

Fifty Favorites, Number Thirty-One

8 January '11 -- I was driving without a passenger in the cab on a side street in the Upper East Side when I noticed in my peripheral vision these two girls sitting behind a translucent window in a restaurant. The basic skill in street photography is simply the ability to recognize a shot when it shows up.  What you're supposed to do is immediately pull out your camera and shoot.  However, in this instance I was in moving traffic on a narrow street with cars right behind me, so I couldn't stop nor could I pull over.  So what I did was I flipped on my "off-duty" light and drove around the block, hoping they'd still be there.  They were, and I got the shot.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous april said...

Never mind a shot, you got a Vermeer here.

Friday, 30 December, 2016  
Anonymous april said...

and something out of "Paris, Je t'aime," one of my favorite movies!

Thursday, 06 July, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Counter