Sunday, December 25, 2016

Fifty Favorites, Number Thirty

8 December '10 -- I've taken many pictures of destitute people.  For one thing, they are often sitting still, so it's easier to get the shot. And then, of course, there are so many on the streets and as a taxi driver, that's where I am, too.  After being able to study their pictures, inevitably I wonder, who are they?  How did circumstances conspire to bring them to the point at which I find them?  Do they seek help?  Other than pigeons (I count 46 in this picture), do they have any friends?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous april said...

A person in this situation is truly heartbreaking. I think I would have given them my entire day's pay in food and hot beverages along with blankets, proper gloves, warm socks and a hat, so long as they'd allow it. In the richest city the poorest remain only to be swept away as human detritus, the faster, the better. For all anyone knows, he could have been dead already.

Thursday, 06 July, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Counter